How to Govern: Simple Guide

High-Level Summary:

• Initial Governance will be done through the Akropolis Snapshot.page;
  • Active AKRO stakers will be able to post proposals and vote on them.

What can I signal my vote on?

• Akropolis product features and integrations;
  • Akropolis fees;
  • Propose new Vault strategy;
  • Propose Vault strategy selection / creation framework.

How do I vote?

• Go to the Akropolis space on Snapshot
  • Click on “Connect wallet” button in top right corner;
  • Connect to the wallet which you use for staking of AKRO ;
  • Click on the option you want to vote for;
  • Sign the message via your wallet and done.
  • Voting will be open for 3 days or 72 hours, so if it opens on Wed 1300CET, it will close on Friday 1300CET (approximately, as closing time is set by the block number).

Governance Workflow:

• All proposals should first be discussed over the governance forum and in Discord. That would give all governance participants an ability to understand all pros & cons before voting.
  • The team will assign time values (i.e. urgent vs non-urgent, pending, etc) to titles based on our discretion.
  • For feature requests please name your proposal AFR+n (i.e. third proposal is named AFR-003).
  • For governance proposals AIP+n (i.e. third proposal is named AIP-003).
  • After the initial discussion is completed & community agree that it should be officially voted on — team or community members can post it on Snapshot page for voting. And as it’s off-chain voting, it does not require any gas fees.
  • After voting is completed & proposal reaches 10% quorum, we will add it to our development pipeline.

Who can create or vote on proposals?

• Only AKRO stakers can create or vote for proposals. This way we ensure that only active users have a say in Akropolis governance.
  • 1 vote equals 1 AKRO staked.
  • There is a minimum of 1M AKRO to create a proposal on Snapshot.
  • There is no minimum for voting.

All the info is available on our wiki here — if you have any more questions, we welcome to suggest improvements to the wiki page.

Please check Snapshot docs for more information about creating proposals & voting on proposals.

1 Like