This proposal is to decide whether to launch a new product on Akropolis - Vortex.
Vortex is an on-chain basis trading product that generates sustainable, lucrative and market-neutral yield across all projected market conditions.
Vortex will initially launch on Binance Smart Chain and Arbitrum mainnets and will be subject to a guarded launch.
Vortex launching on mainnet will mean it is available for users to generate yield. Vortex is currently live on testnet, but due to only being able to use test funds, it does not generate tangible returns.
Akropolis is a suite of DeFi products, with a focus on decentralization. It is important for this decentralization to be maintained, particularly as we move towards a full DAO structure, as all AKRO stakers will be entitled to vote for their preference. We encourage all AKRO stakers to vote on all proposals.
A guarded launch means that Vortex will be subject to restrictions post-mainnet release. These restrictions include user access, deposit limits and strategy parameters. We expect to scale beyond these limits quickly, but for security reasons and to ensure consistency in the expected performance, we believe a guarded launch approach is best.
The guarded launch would include individual deposit limits and an overall vault capacity limit - see our proposed overview below:
- Total Vortex capacity for Guarded Launch (1st iteration): 250,000 USD
- Individual user limits (per ETH address): 2,500 USD
As testing continues on mainnet, we will be posting additional proposals for increasing these limits post-launch.
AKRO stakers will receive a share of all fees generated by Vortex. The current product fee is a 25% performance fee, with 75% directed to AKRO stakers.
We propose fees to be converted to AKRO & giving users the ability to claim them from the Summary page every 2 weeks.
Following the guarded launch, liquidity mining rewards and incentives may be introduced to encourage deposits into Vortex to maximize fee revenue. Any additional incentives or rewards will depend on the outcome of the existing inflation governance proposal.
If this proposal passes, the following will happen:
- Vortex will launch on BSC and Arbitrum mainnets. It will be available for all to access via the Akropolis front-end.
- Vortex will follow a structured guarded launch - including user access limits and total vault deposits limits of $250k - $1m - which will be scaled out at a rate determined via future governance proposals.
- User access limits will be lifted at the end of the guarded launch, while overall vault deposit limits will remain.
- Additional incentive programs for using Vortex may be introduced.
FOR: Vortex will launch on BSC and Arbitrum mainnets, initially with a guarded launch that scales over time.
AGAINST: Vortex will not be launched on any mainnet and the product will remain unavailable on Akropolis.
- FOR: Vortex will launch on BSC and Arbitrum mainnets, initially with a guarded launch that scales over time.
- AGAINST: Vortex will not be launched on any mainnet and the product will remain unavailable on Akropolis.